Dieser Kurs startet am 19.02.2024. Bitte beachten Sie, dass dieser Zeitraum Selbstlernanteile beinhaltet, die Sie vor, zwischen oder nach den gemeinsamen Terminen individuell bearbeiten müssen.
- 19.02.2024, 09:00 bis 16:00 Uhr, Herrenhaus
self-study time 30 min.; prior to course
- Dr. Alexander Egeling, Trainer und Coach für Management, Karriere und Kommunikation
- Allgemeine Weiterbildung: Karriere 11 AE
- Center for Doctoral Studies Lübeck
Credit Points: 0,5
This course is primarily intended for doctoral candidates at the end of their doctoral project and postdocs.
The course informs about possible career steps after the doctorate. On the one hand, it will focus on the development of an academic career in Germany, whereby aspects of international scientific careers can also be taken into account. On the other hand, it will deal with opportunities for a career outside academia, since not all doctoral graduates can and want to stay in this field. In addition to insights into all these working worlds, the requirements of typical career paths will be addressed as well as the question of how promising they are. The participants will be given space for individual work, questions and discussions. This will help you to develop an idea of which paths are particularly attractive to you and how well they might suit you.
- Career paths in the German academic system and international differences
- Prerequisites and success factors in academic careers
- Job opportunities for doctoral graduates in business, public sector and NGOs
- Individual preferences and skills related to potential next career steps
Eine Kursbuchung für externe Anlieger*innen ist leider nicht möglich.